• We are Design Matters: a conference for designers, by designers, with only designers on stage.
• We strive to create a space where emerging and experienced designers intersect and educate one another. We are a communal space for the design community to share ideas, knowledge, and experiences.
• We are a melting pot of startups, independent, and established professionals working in the design & tech industry. We are a nonhierarchical community that encourages everyone to make their voice heard.
• Representation matters to us. And so does unlearning patriarchal mindsets and cis normative practices. We hold ourselves accountable for increasing and improving the quality of representation we bring on stage and welcome into our community, We believe diversity is a window of opportunity to enrich our thinking and praxis from different viewpoints and experiences.
• Sustainability and fighting climate change are at the forefront of our agenda. Our goal is to promote environmental awareness as well as ethical and sustainable solutions for life on Earth. We are activists, committed to focus on impact and further the adoption of planet-centric design practices.
• Creativity, curiosity, accessibility, and innovation are other driving factors that move us every day. We commit ourselves to staying transparent and authentic and to putting our words into action. Our community should expect no bullshit, which means no sales pitches and marketing nonsense. Only knowledge and inspiration from designers - digital and non.