What's the difference? in-person vs online
Design Matters 21 will be held both in-person in Copenhagen and online.
Here you’ll find more info about the similarities and differences between the in-person event and the online one.
WHAT IS THE SAME FOR BOTH?
• The talks will be the same for both the in-person and online conference.
• The schedule of the event will also be the same, meaning that the talks, workshops, and breaks will happen at the same time.
WHAT IS DIFFERENT?
• Even though they will take place at the same time, the workshops will be different for the in-person and online audience. The reason for this is that the setup for a physical workshop can require specific materials that not everyone at home might have. This arrangement will allow everyone to have the best experience possible.
• During the breaks, all participants will have the chance to take a break and relax. But for those who want to put every minute of the event to use, there will be special activities:
– networking sessions in groups and crafty activities at the in-person event
– online networking activities and interview sessions with some of the speakers at the online event
• Each audience will have their own host.
• The in-person event also includes a series of extra activities, called “side events”, taking place in Copenhagen on the day before and after the conference. We are working on designing at least one side event for the online audience too, so stay tuned!